MSP® Programme Management Practitioner
4½ day course in Central London with easy access to transport links.London £1245.00£1445.00 BOOK THIS COURSE >
Have a question?
We are happy to discuss any questions you may have...
FREEPHONE 0800 052 1600EMAIL US NOW >
Agile Management Introduction to Agile Workshop
1 day course
"I get it. This workshop was very clarifying and I liked the hands-on experience of Agile working."
Agile management, particularly through Agile projects, is being heralded as “the next big thing”. Already, though, there is confusion and sometimes conflict between adherents to traditional approaches and the so-called “Agilists”. Many have serious questions to be answered:
- Does Agile replace traditional project management methods like PRINCE2®?
- Isn’t Agile a means of avoiding the normal disciplines and rigour of planning and documentation?
- Where are the critical success factors in using Agile?
- Which methods are better?
This workshop takes a practical approach. Delegates experience what it is like to work in an Agile team and come to their own conclusions. Furthermore, pearcemayfield facilitators deliver this Workshop from their own practical experience and as approved trainers in AgilePM®.
WHY SHOULD I ATTEND THIS WORSHOP?
This workshop is designed for:
o Senior managers considering adopting Agile approaches
o Project managers and team leaders, and anyone about to be involved in an Agile project
o Quality managers and contract managers where Agile solutions are being outsourced
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF ATTENDING THE WORKSHOP?
- Senior managers will understand how an Agile project should be governed
- Project managers will see how scope is managed flexibly
- You will able to determine when and where traditional or Agile approaches are most relevant
- What Agile methods are available, the strengths and weaknesses of each
- Exposure to techniques that you can use immediately in your own personal work organisation
WHAT WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE WORKSHOP?
- Agile compared to waterfall lifecycles
- Key roles and artefacts commonly used in Agile
- Prioritization, Timeboxing, and dealing with fixed time and cost budgets
- Simple techniques that improve communications between developers and the business
- Experiencing a self-managed team as they build to customer requirements
- How to use Agile thinking in internal business development with Lean Startup
HOW IS THE WORKSHOP STRUCTURED?
The workshop is less than a day. It begins with a planned core of necessary sessions, but, with the delegates as the customer, they prioritise later sessions as time permits, exploring what they want to clarify. A core element in this workshop is where delegates build solutions in an Agile way.
WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
If you would like to book a public course check the current dates and availability. If you have a need for an in-house course, or if you have some questions and would like to speak to someone, then call us free on 0800 052 1600.
Download the latest whitepaper from Patrick Mayfield about Agile here.