Have a question?
We are happy to discuss any questions you may have...
FREEPHONE 0800 052 1600EMAIL US NOW >
Agile Management Introduction to Agile Workshop
1 day course
"An excellent overview of agile also useful for people that are not necessarily project or programme management experts"
Agile management, particularly through Agile projects, is being heralded as “the next big thing”. Already, though, there is confusion and sometimes conflict between adherents to traditional approaches and the so-called “Agilists”. Many have serious questions to be answered:
- Does Agile replace traditional project management methods like PRINCE2®?
- Isn’t Agile a means of avoiding the normal disciplines and rigour of planning and documentation?
- Where are the critical success factors in using Agile?
- Which methods are better?
This workshop takes a practical approach. Delegates experience what it is like to work in an Agile team and come to their own conclusions. Furthermore, pearcemayfield facilitators deliver this Workshop from their own practical experience and as approved trainers in AgilePM®.
WHY SHOULD I ATTEND THIS WORSHOP?
This workshop is designed for:
- Senior managers considering adopting Agile approaches
- Project managers and team leaders, and anyone about to be involved in an Agile project
- Quality managers and contract managers where Agile solutions are being outsourced
“This was a good 'in a nutshell' introduction to Agile. The sessions were well planned and facilitated with plenty of opportunity to reflect and discuss things. I particularly liked the agile approach to knowledge sharing/training. It brought the subject to life”
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF ATTENDING THE WORKSHOP?
- Senior managers will understand how an Agile project should be governed
- Project managers will see how scope is managed flexibly
- You will able to determine when and where traditional or Agile approaches are most relevant
- What Agile methods are available, the strengths and weaknesses of each
- Exposure to techniques that you can use immediately in your own personal work organisation
“From a relatively short input I have learned the basics of a different approach to my workload (useful in my private life too!) I can think of lots of places where I can explore this further”
WHAT WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE WORKSHOP?
- Agile compared to waterfall lifecycles
- Key roles and artefacts commonly used in Agile
- Prioritization, Timeboxing, and dealing with fixed time and cost budgets
- Simple techniques that improve communications between developers and the business
- Experiencing a self-managed team as they build to customer requirements
- How to use Agile thinking in internal business development with Lean Startup
"It provided a good oversight into the techniques, tools and comparisons to the waterfall approach. These were demonstrated then through both the case study and the exercise which brings the theory to life. The pace of the workshop was good, holding my attention until the end and Trello is a revelation!"
HOW IS THE WORKSHOP STRUCTURED?
The workshop is less than a day. It begins with a planned core of necessary sessions, but, with the delegates as the customer, they prioritise later sessions as time permits, exploring what they want to clarify. A core element in this workshop is where delegates build solutions in an Agile way.
WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
If you would like to book a public course check the current dates and availability. If you have a need for an in-house course, or if you have some questions and would like to speak to someone, then call us free on 0800 052 1600.
Download the latest whitepaper from Patrick Mayfield about Agile here.