Have a question?
We are happy to discuss any questions you may have...
FREEPHONE 0800 052 1600EMAIL US NOW >
3 day course
Did you know that your MSP qualification does not last forever? It is limited to five years. In order to refresh the qualification you need to sit a re-registration exam. All certified Practitioners/Advanced Practitioners have the opportunity to take the Re-registration examination in order to demonstrate their commitment to professional development. This is particularly important as there are regular updates to the MSP Guide, and the re-registration examination ensures that you are up-to-date with best practice programme management.
By taking the Re-registration examinations, candidates are able to demonstrate to employers and prospective employers the currency of their knowledge and commitment to Continuing Professional Development.
There are two different levels of re-registration:
The format of the Practitioner Re-registration exam is: 3 questions, with a scenario background and appendices.
- Each of the 3 questions is worth 10 marks
- An overall score of 15 out of a possible 30 is required to pass
- One hour 15 minutes duration
- Open-book examination (the MSP guide)
Simple! Then your qualification will last another 5 years! We've designed this workshop experience to take you from your current level of experience and recall of the method to re-registration readiness in three days. We work with you in a workshop format that builds on where you are and is flexible enough to explore individual and group questions.
By the end of this you'll be able to :
- Identify the changes in the method since you last took the Practitioner paper
- Refresh and enhance your grasp of MSP in applying it flexibly but consistently
- Apply new practical approaches to your programmes
- Take the one-hour Re-registration examination and retain your Practitioner qualification
During the workshop you'll receive:
- The latest edition of the MSP manual
- Access to the latest pearcemayfield Practitioner - level courseware
- Refresher of the method, including: Overview, Principles, Themes and Processes
- Briefing on the Re-Registration exam system and philosophy
- Access to a mock Re-Registration paper
- Coaching from an experienced MSP training consultant
Pre-course work and evening work during the course also form an important part of this learning programme.
Do you have 6 or more members of staff requiring this training? We can offer a group discount on our public scheduled courses or deliver the course on your premises. We can train a large group of staff, tailor this and any of our training courses to your specific needs or create a bespoke course to meet your organisations requirements. Contact us for further details.
Re-registration exams are also available for the Advanced Practitioner. A candidate will only be required to sit the Re-registration exam for the highest level of qualification they have achieved. For example, a candidate who holds the Advanced Practitioner certificate would only be required to take the Re-registration exam for this level.
The format of the Advanced Practitioner Re-registration is: A 2000 - 4000 word "dissertation" (suggested target 2500 words) on a specific subject (selected from a range of topics) demonstrating application of MSP. It would ideally be based on a "real life" programme that you have worked within. If this is not possible (if you have not recently worked within a programme or your programme contains classified information), it would be acceptable to base it on the Advanced Practitioner Case Study "MSP Care". There are no time restrictions imposed on this dissertation. The dissertation will be marked out of a possible 75 marks with a pass mark of 38 marks.
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?
For an initial discussion and further advice, contact us now