Practical Project Management Workshop 3 day
Practical Project Management Workshop 3 day was designed and developed originally for our corporate clients. This unique workshop is now available as a public event.
This workshop is consistent with PRINCE2 and PMI principles and for delegates seeking a good practical grounding in the principles and fundamentals of project management, yet not requiring a professional qualification. Delegates will learn valuable skills for managing whatever type of project they may be involved in.
With emphasis on a very practical programme of ‘activity-based’ learning, delegates will leave feeling confident in their ability to manage projects, as well as appreciating some of the broader aspects of change management and stakeholder engagement.
Delegates will learn a range of skills, techniques and approaches that will give them a structured approach to project management, and thereby greatly enhancing their contribution to any project team.
Pearcemayfield’s skilled facilitators have extensive expertise in providing project and change management training and consultancy. We have designed this content-rich learning programme to help you learn in a way that is engaging and informative.
Who is it for?
This workshop is specially designed for all those who have, or will have, project management as their primary role. It is also relevant for members of project teams and / or those who may be asked to run small projects or work packages within larger projects. Over three days we make this all important discipline broadly accessible to everyone who needs to understand and have practical experience of project management without requiring professional accreditation.
What is included?
All our materials are graphically designed using Richard E Mayer’s proven principles for multimedia learning, developed and revised over the last nine years in response to client and trainer feedback.
• Stationery (A4 note-pad, highlighters, pens)
• Folder containing course notes and references
• Full joining instructions, venue map and directions
• Refreshments and lunches are included for non-residential delegates
• A fully residential option is also available at our Oxford venue with study bedroom ensuite, breakfast and dinner
“I now have the confidence to manage a project!”. Delegate
“Very good balance between practical training and theoretical background.” Frank Haberhauer
“The knowledge and experience of the trainer was superlative. Thanks again!” Daniel Bell
“Varied, split into short sections and I oved the pictures and colourful slides” Delegate
“My previous training in project management was more theoretical. This workshop was really beneficial for me due to its ‘practical’ approach” – Delegate
“Useful information which is both immediately applicable and great for my future career as I start to take on project management roles” - Delegate
By the end of this workshop participants will:
Have learned about, practiced and become confident with using a very broad range of project management techniques
Be able to better understand stakeholders and engage with them throughout the life of the project.
Have a deeper insight into the challenges of change management and embedding project driven change into organisations.
The design of this 3-day learning programme, which, for in-house deliveries, can also be tailored to particular client needs and challenges, will cover:
• The fundamentals of project management and the role of the project manager - principles gained from years of project management experience
• Establishing projects – business cases development, the organisation of projects, plans and planning, understanding the project lifecycle, and getting started in a controlled way.
• Controlling execution – monitoring, controlling and reporting, change control, risk & issue management, delivering quality, working with project teams.
• Principles of successful change, stakeholder analysis and engagement
• The wider world of project management
The course is very ‘hands on’ with a very strong emphasis on learning by doing. A case study forms the backbone of the practical work.
This is a non-accredited workshop. There is no concluding examination.